Opening Day at Howell Tree Farm:
Saturday before Thanksgiving
- Tagging begins at 7 am on Opening Day!
- Full cutting crew available if you want to take your tree with you Opening Day.
A Note About COVID-19
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic this year, we have enlisted a number of precautions to help our customers feel safe when shopping with us:
- Added cash registers to help speed folks through the tree registration and pay process.
- An outdoor pay station--no need to go inside our shop if you don't feel comfortable with that.
- Employees will wear face masks.
- Customers will be encouraged to wear face masks outside, required if they go in the shop.
- Hand sanitizers available.
- Air filters running in our gift shop.
- We hope to have patio heaters outside to help keep you warm while waiting for your tree.
- Enter one way, exit another flow of traffic through our gift shop.
- We will encourage social distancing.
New tree registration procedures to help shorten wait times:
- Bring a pen and a permanent marker with you if you can (if you forget, we will have them available and will be sanitizing them)
- If you receive a mailing postcard from us, please bring that card along--it has your name and address on it.
- If you don't have a card, ask for a registration card and we will give you one.
- If you don't get a registration card before you select your tree, you will be asked to fill one out.
Select your tree as usual, then do this:
- Tear off the bottom part of the tag.
- Write your name with permanent marker on the tag left on the tree (if it is wet, don't worry about this part).
- On your registration card, write your name, full address, and phone number.
- On your registration card, write the printed tree number, the handwritten row code (letter/number combination), and the price (on the back of the tag).
- Bring the tag and the card to the gift shop or outdoor pay station.
- Make sure your info is legible, and hand that card to the staff member, and show your tag to them.
- You may pay when you pick your tree out, or when you pick it up.
- We will use your filled out registration card to add the number to our computer file, so if you lose your tag we will have the number.
- Keep the bottom portion of the tag and bring it with you to pick up your tree.
It's our 50th year selling Christmas trees!
To celebrate, we will draw 2 names from the tree registration cards on December 1, 2020. The winners will receive a $50 gift certificate for our gift shop. So be sure to register your tree to enter.